I made this banana bread a few nights ago when I was having junk food cravings! I also had some bananas that were really overripe and needed to either use them or throw them out. Some might say that it was meant to be
1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup ripe banana, smooshed or mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon stevia powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together butter/oil, bananas, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, soda, stevia, salt).
4. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just combined.
5. Fold in the nuts.
6. Pour into pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes to set, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.
NOTE: If you are going to make this recipe you might want to read through the comments section of the original website. I found that I didn’t need to leave it in the oven for as long, I used twice the amount of banana and 1/2 a teaspoon extra of stevia (I could have done without the extra though).