Whitney Port was photographed leaving the gym yesterday. Here are some tips from her personal trainer. He posted them on Whitney’s blog
1. Cross-cable push/pulls. It emphasizes the obliques and core, in addition to working the shoulders, arms and back muscles.
2. The traveling lunge which is a standard trainer favorite. I utilize them with all of my girls and Whit has benefited greatly from this move. It works thighs, butt and hips. We always concentrate on keeping her upper body tall and erect to emphasize the abs too. While they may not be one of her favorites, Whitney does them perfectly! My form is very strict, or I should say that I am very meticulous about the manner in which I teach THIS move in particular.
3. The weighted ball toss (is) for toning the waistline and shoulders — it’s Whit’s favorite move we do! We have her concentrate on controlling the momentum aspect. We keep her arms as straight as possible, too.
4.This move is tough. It takes a fair amount of upper body strength to lift the lower torso ‘off’ the seat. This move indirectly targets the arms and shoulders, but is actually an abdominal movement. It works primarily the lower ab region.
5. Alternating bicep curl. This one is another Whitney favorite. It is called an alternating bicep curl with the tension bands. She curls the bands across her body and controls the speed on the way down.
6. Lastly we have the tricep dips on a bench. She does these well every time! We try to keep her upper body close to the bench as she lifts and lowers her body up and down. This move works the shoulders and arms really well!